[scribus] pdf import

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 18:51:38 CEST 2008

Julian Robbins wrote:

>> the answer is simple:
>> it was much easier to do it that way, since ghostscript is doing all the
>> work!
>>
>> but: the devs are already working on it and 135svn already has some sort of
>> vector import of pdfs!
>>
> Another way to do this, is to use the 0.46 version of Inkscape, which
> can import PDF's really really well, then save as a svg file. Then
> import the SVG file into Scribus. Then in theory you will still keep
> your vectors from the PDF ..
>
> You may have to play with the group/ungroup options in Inkscape to see
> the PDF imported properly before exporting.

In my very limited experience of trying to import PDF via Inkscape 0.46
(two tries), it hasn't worked at all well on either occasion, and I've
gone with rasterising to keep all of the elements and preserve the layout.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor