[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 6, Issue 14

Fritz Eichelhardt f.eichelhardt at web.de
Tue Sep 9 12:27:33 CEST 2008

hi all,

> Subject: [scribus] Booklets

> By booklet, I mean a multi-page document that is displayed with "reader
> spreads" (page 1, then pages 2 and 3, etc.) but prints with "printer
> spreads" (pages 1 and 12, then 2 and 11, etc.).
>
> If I correctly understand the Scribus documentation, in order to do this
> with Scribus, one needs an additional utility, either "psutils" or
> Multivalent.

that's exactly what i have to do periodically (just 4 pages, however) - a
print-version and a web-version.
i don't care about additional utilities, i just do it manually.
seems a lot easier and quicker to me.

i do the print-version (a4) first, then
i create an empty document (a5), 4 pages.
i group the elements of the first document and copy the group to the second
document.

after 2 or 3 minutes the job is done.
try to beat me with additional utilities.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Fritz Eichelhardt
Brückenstr. 1