[scribus] Print preview has no options

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Sep 8 19:38:04 CEST 2008

ciao vanessa

Vanessa Callebaut wrote:

> Hi, when viewing the print preview (version 1.3.3.11 under Windows XP), I
> can not use any options that are on top of the screen, such as
> Tranparancy,
> all the buttons are greyed out.

with jean and "sheicksouth" we sorted out your problem (which was
sheicksouth's one, too): on windows you can only use the print preview if
you have selected a postscript printer.

installing the drivers for a postscript printer is enough (you don't have to
buy any postscript printer!) and every xp install cd comes with the drivers
for the apple laserwriter.

you can follow those 5 steps:

1. go to controll panel,
2. printer and fax icon doubleklick,
3 Add printer,
4 select Apple in the left colum and a colour laswer writer in the right
column,
5. follow the prompts and voilà.

then you will have to change printer back and forth when you're printing and
doing a print preview.

though, most of the time, it's a better choice to just output a pdf, if you
only want to preview your work...

hope that helps
a.l.e