[scribus] [petelizwitt at yahoo.com.au: problem after launch]

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Sep 3 21:54:36 CEST 2008

Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> Please CC author on reply.

>> Subject: [Contact Us] problem after launch
>>
>> pete sent a message using the contact form at
>> http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.
>>
>> Hi I was wondering if you might be able to offer some advice for me. I have
>> had no trouble installing and launching scribus but once it's launched and I
>> select what type of page I want, no page or canvas appears.  I've tried to
>> several different vesions, but I always end up with the same result. Any
>> ideas? thanks,
>> pete.

Something very not right there, Pete.
Need to know what platform, what version...(example: Windows XP, 1.3.3.12).
Do you have all the dependencies installed, such as ghostscript?
Installing one version after another without uninstalling failed ones is
probably not a good idea either.

Maybe best to come to the Scribus list for faster to-and-fro messages.

Greg