[scribus] pdf import

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Sep 3 15:37:48 CEST 2008

Christian Schulz wrote:
> I am creating a poster (Din A0) with scribus.
> Most of the content of the poster are imported pdfs (sourcing from
> latex).
> I am struggeling with the fact that the pdf files have only 72x72 dpi,
> which is low.
> When I adapt the imported image to the frame size you can see in the
> scribus editor the poor quality of the resolution.
> Further when I generate the pdf, scribus displays a message with
> yellow bullet that the document contains an imported pdf file. So I am
> wondering for what reason scribus complains about importing a pdf file
> in general.
> Because of the 72x72 dpi?
You will always get this warning with a "placed PDF". This illustrates
that not all messages that you get from Preflight Verifier are not going
to prevent exporting to PDF.
While you can change settings not to get this warning, I think it's best
to leave it to remind yourself that this is going to be a rasterized
PDF, so that you can pay attention to DPI export settings and check the
resolution of that image frame in the PDF to make sure it is adequate
for your needs.

Greg