[scribus] The Scribus target - a question for the developers

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 05:27:07 CEST 2008

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:
From: Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>
Subject: Re: [scribus] The Scribus target - a question for the developers
To: "Mike Morris" <scribus at lists.scribus.net>, "scribus at lists.scribus.net" <scribus at lists.scribus.net>
Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 7:20 AM

Hi Mike

> The question:  What is the goal of the developers?

As for imposition, as you specifically mentioned it, as I have rarely come
across a print shop that wanted it done for them - it is a little hard to
place in terms of requirement. We certainly see the need for the basics for
those wanting to replace the functionality in say MS Pub, but to go all the
way and replace the software worth thousands specifically designed for
imposition.. well.. one day.. but maybe not on our first priority list.
<snip>
Craig

---
When I first started trying Scribus only a few short weeks ago, one of the things that I felt was missing was "imposition", although I had never heard of the term before.  I was just wanting to produce simple "2-up" documents.  However, now that I have learned a bit more about Desktop Publishing in general, and Scribus in particular, I realize that there is probably little or no need for imposition capabilities within Scribus.  I just bought a new, low cost laser printer, and even it can do any imposition I am likely to want when I print it. Also, talking to local copy shops (i.e. mass market "print shops" using laser printers), they would rather do the imposition when they print the documents than have me do it before hand.

Thus I withdraw my earlier request for this feature as a priority item.

Murray