[scribus] Placing /Scaling and file image/PDF size

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Oct 29 21:51:41 CET 2008

Mike Breiding wrote:
> alessandro rimoldi wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:36:54 -0400
>> Mike Breiding <mike at WildWonderfulWV.us> wrote:

>>> Greetings, Alessandro

>>> How? In Scribus? I see no tool for that.
>>
>> you're right: you will have to find/write a tool outside of scribus
>> to that...
>
> GAWD! What have I gotten myself into...? ;)
> I'm not up to something this deep into non gui-ness
> -mb
I would add to this is that before you start doing some batch processing
of files, take just one of them, resize it in Scribus, and pay attention
to the Actual DPI numbers in Properties > Image. For print work, you
want your final DPI no less than 300. For an online PDF viewed only on
the web 75-90 can suffice.

Once you know how to reduce image size safely, then you can work on the
batch idea.
 If these are JPEGs, you might want to convert to TIFF before resizing
to not lose data. Everytime to save a JPEG you lose information.
Depending on the images this may or may  not be important.