[scribus] Issue with slightly blurry fonts...

avox avox at arcor.de
Sat Oct 25 17:49:15 CEST 2008

John Beardmore wrote:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
>> By design, Scribus does not have as high a screen resolution of text and
>> images as the final PDF or even with something printed directly from
>> Scribus. Too high a resolution would really bog down screen updates in
>> Scribus.
>
> Just a vague and non urgent thought, but would it be possible to make
> the resolution configurable ?

Errm, you can change the screen resolution with your system's control
panel...

Scribus uses always the screen resolution to render fonts: they are rendered
as vectors.
So if the fonts look blurry, all you can do is get a better display or view
at higher zoom.

For images (including PDF/PS in imageframes) Scribus uses a lowres bitmap on
screen.
That can look very blurry. You can choose to view them at full resolution,
but that might
slow Scribus down. I think there are still some opportunities to improve the
screen rendering
of images.

/Andreas