[scribus] adding colums to an already created page

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Sat Oct 25 16:15:59 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>> Thanks for the clear instructions.
>> But - when I choose number of columns, etc. I can see no way to get
>> them to apply to the text frame.
>> See:
>> http://epicroadtrips.com/scribus/columns.jpg
>>
>> When I close the properties box. The text box does not reflect the
>> changes.
>>
> um, looks to me like it has made the columns, but you don't have enough
> text to see them...

Right you are!
There are also column markers which show up when the properties box is
open. I missed them.

> Perhaps you also wanted to full justify? That's a separate setting in Text.

Actually, I wanted the columns so I could more easily place multiple
images so they were evenly placed.  But I do not think that is going to
work.
I took InDesign for a test drive and that seemed to work OK in that but
I assume there is another way in Scribus.

> BTW, most of us leave Properties visible all the time. It's hard to work
> on your layout without it.

Good idea.

Thanks,
-Mike