[scribus] Issue with slightly blurry fonts...

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Oct 22 01:00:33 CEST 2008

olu odeniyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded a pdf here  http://www.newprospect-bs.com/brochures/tst.pdf
>
> And here are high zoom screenshots:-
> http://www.newprospect-bs.com/brochures/tst.jpg
>
> http://www.newprospect-bs.com/brochures/tst2.jpg
>
> It seems to look a bit better in high zoom in pdf than on the screen in
> Scribus...?

Sorry, what I meant was to make a PDF, then look in Adobe Reader at high
zoom, since *that* is the final assessment (prior to printing).
This PDF (and the Scribus screenshots for that matter) look fine to me.
You will find that all of this text will print very crisply.

By design, Scribus does not have as high a screen resolution of text and
images as the final PDF or even with something printed directly from
Scribus. Too high a resolution would really bog down screen updates in
Scribus.

Greg