[scribus] Back peddling - for now...

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Thu Oct 16 22:44:05 CEST 2008

Calum Polwart wrote:

>>> I feel I need to get more info about printing services before I move
>>> ahead with the Web to Book project.
>>>
>>> I have decided on this this format:
>>> http://www.viovio.com/index.php?structure_id=483
>>> 14x11 Portfolio book with wire-o binding binding
>>> Interior Paper:    120# (218gsm) Coated Gloss
>>> Cost is $7.49 + $.50 / page that would be about $110+ a copy for me
>>> (800 images, 4 images per page X .50/page.
>>>
>>> I had planned to get 5 copies made.
>>>
>>> Before I lock myself into this by choosing the 14x11 format/binding I
>>> would like to know if anyone has any feedback on this format or other
>>> print services which may be better suited for my project.

> So thats a 200 page book, or a 200 sided book?

Good question.
I see it as 100 double sided sheets=200 pages.
Is that the correct way to state it?

> Approximately: 35 x 28cm - thats quite large.  If you would accept A4
> size (21 x 29cm) with a plastic coated wire binding:

I feel this is just to small considering the number of images I have:
800 plus he associated text.

Thanks, Calum,  for the suggestion.
-Mike