[scribus] Permission to use Scribus Screen Captures in an Educational Product

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Thu Oct 16 00:59:54 CEST 2008

* Hedley Finger <hfinger at handholding.com.au> [2008-10-16 08:06:10 +1100]:

> I don't think this is a matter that should concern the Scribus team.
> Having worked in publishing and as a technical writer, I believe that
> you are de facto free to use screen shots in a publication, provided
> there is some sort of acknowledgement:

Hedley,

That was not the concern. All scribus components are clearly licensed with OSS
licenses. As I understand it the reason why Craig asked him to show the
screenshots he was going to use was to make sure that he had the latest version
of scribus in them and such. Basically, Craig volunteered to help make sure that
the screenshots were in the best shape possible for the publication.

Regards,

Alex.