[scribus] Installing Ghostscript

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Wed Oct 15 12:03:47 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
> Is there a reason why you downloaded from that URL?

Google made me do it!
> <snip!>
>> Craig,
>> I have downloaded from three sources and can find no executable to launch
>> the install.
>> http://epicroadtrips.com/ghostscript-8.63/
>>
> <snip!>
>
> Once again, Googling does the trick:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=download+ghostscript+windows
> Try one of the first two links. I found the Windows binary in two clicks.

These are the same results I got yesterday before I emailed the list.

I tried them both - yesterday.
The Source Forge file are here:
http://epicroadtrips.com/ghostscript-8.63/
I see no install of setup executables.

The wisc.edu/ download resulted in a 65 meg file being unpacked which is
named: "ghostscript-8.62.tar.bz2.tar.out"
I have no clue what to do with this file.

-Mike