[scribus] Printing an SLA without using X11

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Oct 10 01:26:24 CEST 2008

Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Jon wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to run Scribus or a Scribus script to print an SLA
>> without using X11? Would I have to develop a tool that makes use of the
>> Scribus API to do this? Sla2Pdf isn't functional on Ubuntu 8.04 with a
>> simple letter I created, and exporting to a different format more than
>> once to get an SLA on paper sounds kind of ugly.
>>
>> If any Scribus developers are reading, something like scribus --print
>> --printer=$PRINTER_NAME <file> would be awesome.
>>

> Hi Jon,
> please have a look at this feature request:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=238

What you're asking for is a bit of an "icing on the cake" issue. Is it
so much bother to open Scribus to print a file? OTOH, a command line
ability to make a PDF is a more useful thing, I think, yet, even so,
only begs for the ability to set all sorts of parameters such as you see
in the PDF Export dialog, and becomes a major undertaking.

Greg