[scribus] Printing an SLA without using X11

Jon jonforthewin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:26:36 CEST 2008

Is there a way to run Scribus or a Scribus script to print an SLA
without using X11? Would I have to develop a tool that makes use of the
Scribus API to do this? Sla2Pdf isn't functional on Ubuntu 8.04 with a
simple letter I created, and exporting to a different format more than
once to get an SLA on paper sounds kind of ugly.

If any Scribus developers are reading, something like scribus --print
--printer=$PRINTER_NAME <file> would be awesome.

Much thanks,
Jon