[scribus] tony at blighe.com: [Contact Us] Automatic chapter headings

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 14:33:41 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
>> Please cc the author on reply.
>>
>> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:52:54 +0200
>> From: "scribus.net" <tony at blighe.com>
>> Subject: [Contact Us] Automatic chapter headings
>>
>> Tony Blighe sent a message using the contact form at
>> http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.
>>
>> Hi. I have the page numbering working and I now want to automatically
>> place  the chapter name at the top of each page. I get the feeling
>> that the process  will be similar to page numbering but I cannot
>> figure it out. Please help.  Thanks.
>>
> This is what Master Pages are all about:
>
> You can do page numbering and your Chapter name on your Master Page. If
> the Chapter name changes you will need a new Master Page. Note that each
> document page can only use one kind of Master Page, but you can create
> as many different Master Pages as you need.

Is there any possibility of this changing over time ?

It would be nice to be able to apply multiple master pages to document
pages, and also possibly to other master pages.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor