[scribus] Using Scribus for a newsletter

Jan Schrewe jschrewe at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:10:12 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman schrieb am Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008:
> Alex Mandel wrote:
> > Joe Ward wrote:
> >>    Thanks to several of you, I did get my first newsletter out using
> >> Scribus, my printer is happy with it, and apparently it will reach
> >> neighborhood mailboxes as advertised. Thank you all very much.
> >>
> >>     Jan, only after I had sent the issue off to the printer did I feel I
> >> had time to experiment with your suggestion about using  Acrobat Reader.
> >> I found that if I exported the pages from Scribus to PDF in the order
> >> they need to be in the newsletter, and then opened the PDF in Acrobat
> >> Reader, and clicked on "page display" and "2up" or "2up continuous," the
> >> reader would display all the correct pages side by side just as I had
> >> hoped.
> >>    Trouble is, I couldn't figure out what to do with it then. If I tried
> >> to save it or print it to file, it would revert to the single page
> >> configuration. How does one set reader to brochure printing?
> >>

> >>          -Joe Ward
> >
> > That gets specified in the print settings, when you go to print you'll
> > have a little preview window and some drop downs to choose multi-page
> > 2up.
>
> you have another layer of trickiness in figuring out what will print on
> the front and back of each sheet of paper and keeping that straight, but
> it's certainly doable.
>
> Greg

Nope. You can do your layout in Scribus using single pages and in the order
1,2,3,... and receive booklet for printing.

My experience is that this way is much simpler and faster then using other
imposition utilitys under linux or do it by hand in scribus.

That's the way I usually make newsletters for print with scribus. Most work
for me ist to get a valid PDF-X3 document using ghostscript from the
resulting PS file.

Jan