[scribus] Using Scribus for a newsletter

Joe Ward bluegrass_joe at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 06:32:37 CEST 2008

    Thanks to several of you, I did get my first newsletter out using
Scribus, my printer is happy with it, and apparently it will reach
neighborhood mailboxes as advertised. Thank you all very much.

     Jan, only after I had sent the issue off to the printer did I feel I
had time to experiment with your suggestion about using  Acrobat Reader. I
found that if I exported the pages from Scribus to PDF in the order they
need to be in the newsletter, and then opened the PDF in Acrobat Reader, and
clicked on "page display" and "2up" or "2up continuous," the reader would
display all the correct pages side by side just as I had hoped.
    Trouble is, I couldn't figure out what to do with it then. If I tried to
save it or print it to file, it would revert to the single page
configuration. How does one set reader to brochure printing?

          -Joe Ward