[scribus] No accents issue

William F. Maddock billsey at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 15:13:30 CEST 2008

For those who are too busy to take the few milliseconds required to click a link, his message follows:

Hi to all

I do not know whether this problem has been solved yet. I have been
looking for in internet and it seems that it comes from ages.

The case is that editing text does not allow to use accents in spanish,
the Ñ works fine but accents does not. My workaround is inserting the
character from the Character Map manually but it is quite annoying if
you have to write down a long text.

I remember that in Windows it worked fine and also with 1.3.3.11 in
Linux too but recently I got the upgrade to 1.3.3.13svn and now does
not work.

My conditions are:

Ubuntu Hardy 8.04

Thanks