[scribus] Wiki-page for discussing features in layout software

Achim Leitner aleitner at linuxnewmedia.de
Wed Oct 1 10:39:22 CEST 2008

Dear all,

what's it that makes layout software great for using in reald-world
design processes? The answer, of course, depends on the type of product
you're designing. I startet a wiki page that briefly sums up my point of
view regarding requirements for magazine layouts and I'd like to invite
everybody to join the discussion:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Discussion:_Practical_Needs_in_Layout_Software

In this file, I've been collecting my ideas and experiences from nearly
eight years of working on Linux-Magazin (Germany). I'm basically an
editor and software developer, I've been designing and implementing
workflows (for XPress and InDesign) and tools to support it and nowadays
am also heading the layout team here. The motivation for this discussion
page is to try to bridge the needs and wishes of designers, editors and
developers.

Achim
--
Achim Leitner, Stellv. Chefredakteur Linux-Magazin
Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Str. 71, 81739 München, Germany