[scribus] Gimp/Ubuntu.

Emanuel Sprosec design at emanuel-s.com
Fri Nov 28 07:06:39 CET 2008

Hello Henry,

a small questions - when you work(ed) on windows, do your really need GIMP for your usage? Or do you need it only, to improve, crop or resize images and similiar basis-things? Then you can also use Paint.net (or smiliar) mixed with Inkspace for Graphics (or similiar) and change the external Tool-Path to it in the settings of Scribus. I now work very intensive with Scribus (and in my case combined with Photoshop) and i don't miss GIMP for my work.

And yes, you're right - the new release of GIMP for Windows is no fun. Very slow and needs longer time to open, than i need to work with it.
Cheers, Emanuel