[scribus] Confused on how to insert/delete pages

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 21:37:14 CET 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> JLuc wrote:

>> being in charge of both the text and the layout
>> i very much adapt for example the length of the text,
>> the details of descriptions, the choice of images & so on
>> so as to fit the global book design balance.
>>
>> it would be great if Scribus would provide more ease
>> for this probably very common way of doing...
 >
> Something that users can do to help the developers, and eventually
> themselves, is to try to translate problems/complaints into actionable
> suggestions.

I'm sure we'll do a lot of that, but even those of us with working
practices most removed from conventional press rooms appreciate the need
to get whatever 1.3.5 becomes before going off on tangents that enhance
niche usability.

> Even if you don't understand programming, you can get a sense of how
> Scribus compartmentalizes tasks, and how it holds information, then
> perhaps suggest how that information might be used or manipulated in a
> way that helps the person doing the layout. One thing Scribus will never
> do is read the mind of the user.

:)

No.  But one of the first things I wanted was the ability to move page
contents as new guides were applied to a page. I didn't even bother to
suggest it as especially 14 months ago there was more urgent work in
hand.  Now that somebody has raised this issue I'm happy to support the
suggestion though.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor