[scribus] Confused on how to insert/delete pages

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Tue Nov 18 00:36:47 CET 2008

Hi Mark --I just completed a 320-page, heavily-illustrated technical
book using Scribus. I guess you could say my workflow was designed
around Scribus:
http://tinyurl.com/5b8wpd

Each chapter of 10-20 pages was a separate Scribus file. Within those
chapters, re-arranging sections was easy--just a couple minutes of
re-formatting using the master page templates if I had to insert or
remove pages.

Then the final steps were;
- Assemble sections into final order in each chapter
- Assign page numbering to each chapter
- Build TOC and Index
- Generate press-ready PDF of each Chapter
- Assemble PDFs into one large PDF, using PDF Toolkit (or Acrobat)

I hope that helps.

DAN

Eeeyow.  Okay.  Looks like more explanation on my part is in order.

I have a good idea of what the book is going to look like.  I can lay out
individual chapters with good results.  I have a handle on the margins,
illustrations, headers/footers, and virtually all other details.

This is a technical/hobbyist book which consists of numerous sections,
each on a different piece of equipment.  I have more sections than are
necessary to reach my target size of 235-250 pages  (~125 two-sided
pages).  That's why I'm looking for a way to move, add, or delete
sections.  Right now, I don't have a final idea of WHICH sections are
ultimately going to be used because I don't have a good enough
estimate of the page count until I actually lay them out with all the
pix.  This is a heavily-illustrated book.  Sort of a Catch-22.