[scribus] Vector in PDF ?

Dmytro O. Redchuk brownian.box at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:29:23 CET 2008

2008/11/13 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>:
> Scribus has some capability in 1.3.3.x to import EPS - File > Import > EPS,
> which, when it works, will allow some editing of the EPS. I say "when it
> works" because there are many variations in EPS content, some of which
> Scribus does not support, and in fact you will find that most programs can
> have problems with certain EPS files.
Well, i'm twidding with eps and pdf files produced by LilyPond. I newer though
there may be any problems with those files, i used them in QuarkXPress, inserted
into latex (with lilypond-book) for printing in typography -- and they
looked and
have been printed quite well, to say excellent ;-)

Now i've open the same pdf by acroread twice to check myself -- will
it be displayed
"nice", with large magnification... Everything is ok (i would open it
with gv, but
now i know that 8.15.4 can be a bit outdated, yep!-).

But after inserting into Scribus and exporting PDF -- it's almost
ugly, i could send
small shots...

Scribus produces a lot of objects and note stems are starting to dance around
their horizontal positions..

I would *really* love to forget about QXP and Id... And i have
actually read almost
all docs at scribus.net (probably, i need read twice, i'm too quick now),
and i will  dig deeper, and...
i hope i'll get help from the community, too :-)

Thank you.

--
Dmytro O. Redchuk