[scribus] Vector in PDF ?

Dmytro O. Redchuk brownian.box at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:45:40 CET 2008

Hello,

  sorry, i've just subscribed, so can ask stupid things.

  I'm very new to Scribus. I'd like to forget about QuarkXPress and InDesign
  (please don't ask me why), so i launched Scribus to learn it.

  And i've noticed that Scribus produces "final" PDF... Mmm... That's
what i mean:

  When i insert eps or pdf "picture", Scribus stores a "reference" to
it -- so, i have,
  let's say, "initial quality". And i can then produce pdfs for
different purposes
  (with different quality).

  But produced pdf has no vector information, only raster, with
specified quality.

  So, is it possible to have "final" pdf not so "final", with vector
(where it initially was)?

  Thank you a lot,
--
Dmytro O. Redchuk