[scribus] Get Started with Scribus: Licence (Was: Re: Stuck)

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000 at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 3 20:27:09 CET 2008

Murray Strome wrote:

>> I also suggest that you try the more recent tutorial posted at:
>> http://www.oliveroot.net/Scribus/Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008/
>>
>> The tutorial is available in OpenOffice format, in either 'Letter' or
>> 'A4'.
>> There is also a zip file which contains all the files used in the making of the
>> tutorial.
>> The tutorial takes you through the steps of creating an 8 page fictitious
>> magazine.
> -----------------------------------
> Hi Murray,
>
> nice work, but wrong licence, which should be GNU FDL and not CC BY-SA.
> Please see the header of "Get started with Scribus 2006"
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_with_Scribus (right under
> "Original author") and adapt your version asap.
>
> best regards
> Maciej
> ----------------------------
> Hi Maciej,
>
> After considerable research
> and discussion with the original author (Niyam Bhushan) and the original
> author of the new version (Nigel Ridley), we decided that CC BY-SA was a
> more suitable license. Niyam Bhushan agreed to re-release his original
> document under the CC-BY-SA license, so that the revised version could
> be released under it.
--cut--

That's a good start but Nigel Ridley's version doesn't build upon
the original Niyam's version, but our extended and refurbished version
on the Scribus Wiki (this is clearly stated in the introduction to your
OpenOffice document), which has been released under GNU FDL. So there
are some more people to be asked for approval, see this list for details:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:Contributors

Luckily, these are only four people: Gregory Pittman, Christoph Schäfer,
Ludi Maciel and myself. You've got my approval to switching to cc by-sa,
the others are members of this mailing list, so there should be no
problem finding them.

best regards
Maciej Hanski