[scribus] Dancing letters with scribus 1.3.5

Samps listman at unplugd.com
Thu May 29 23:59:20 CEST 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008 11:29:51 pm Christoph Bartoschek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can reproduce that phenomenon in 1.3.3.12svn too and with other
> > softwares as well (Indesign CS, QuarkXPress 7, Notepad, Wordpad). It is
> > in fact quite common with lots of fonts at high sizes.
>
> I did not use a high size. Only 12 pt.

At 12 pt your text will be about one 6th of an inch high. If you look at the
unevenness at the baselines compared to the total text height then I'd say it
doesn't amount to much. A 600 dpi printer will use only 100 dot vertically to
print the tallest letters. Could the unevenness be the result of your printer
having to make a choice between print or no print in the marginal areas?
Could this problem be exagerated by the scanning process having to make a
similar choice?

just thoughts

Samps