[scribus] svn problem

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Wed May 28 01:49:04 CEST 2008

HI all
Linux FC8 on intel mb and P4 cpu, have run Scrivus 1.3.5 for a few weeks.

I just downloaded what appears to be a late version of Scribus 1.3.5. thinking
it may be the new 1.3.6
svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/Scribus

When compiled it had no icons on the tool bar, just a series of menu items
requiring several clicks to access any item
text and image boxes, lines, etc and there seem to be no way of making a
rectangular coloured panel without going thru hoops, is this correct or am I
doing something wrong.

Most strange.
Also there are no panel and line icons in the F2 Properties dialog

Anyhow this new version overwrote the previous 1.3.5 which did have icons, ok so
far, I guess.
However 2 major problems arose.
1 it won't open .sla files from the previous 1.3.5 so while all my work is
available it cannot be accessed.
2. this version won't save, egs -- open a new document click Save and I get
error message "Cannot write file"
  I note that the /bin,  /include,  /lib, and  /share  folders are all locked,
does this prevent the user from saving?

Help appreciated
Roger