[scribus] Which font used in the logo - Armada Regular

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue May 27 17:28:30 CEST 2008

avox wrote:

>> And photos take only seconds or minutes to produce, while fonts
>> take months or years.

You seem to be implying that photos are therefore easy to make and good
photos are not really all that valuable as they took so little time to
produce.  If that's not what you meant, my apologies but that's the way
it sounded to me.  It's a common enough assumption but it's fairly
disingenuous.  Would you say someone running a 100 meter dash in 9
seconds would not be an amazing feat because it only took him 9 seconds.
A good photographer spends a lot of time honing his or her skill and
it's the whole package that is going into pricing.  Just because each
individual photograph doesn't take a long time to produce doesn't mean
anyone could produce it (in that or any amount of time).  Just sticking
up for photographers.

--
Henry
Sometimes photographer