[scribus] Which font used in the logo - Armada Regular on Scribus ?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu May 22 22:10:20 CEST 2008

Cedric Sagne wrote:

> John,
>

> If only such a low res exists, I would recommend you look at a very
> similar font in one of those font shops on the net, get a preview from
> their "preview font" tool, tweak corners when needed... at the end of
> the day no one is going to be able to compare.
>

> Recreating the logo when the file is so low quality is not difficult in
> a way in the sense that the owners will never be able to compare with
> any file offering a higher resolution.

In the end they did manage to dig out a higher resolution copy and the
font turns out to be Armada Regular.

For the moment I've made a huge improvement using a screen shot of the
text elements of the logo from a viewed PDF file.

The font is now identified as Armada Regular which is commercial
product.  Are there any decent quality free fonts. (i.e. works with
Scribus), with a similar look ?

I don't really want to buy a font just to write two words in a logo if I
can help it.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor