[scribus] re washed out printout

Terry Todd tlt at badger.tltodd.com
Tue May 20 19:53:46 CEST 2008

Peter,

The Xerox 8560 and HP 9850 are not your typical "desktop" printers.

I went to:
http://www.antelligent.com/pages/profiles/rgb_cmyk_printers.html
and followed the directions there to determine that both the Xerox
8560 and HP 9850 are indeed Working CMYK printers.

I am not telling scribus to export anything.  I click on File ->
Print -> Print and I get a washed out printout.  I am trying to
print directly (ie. File -> Print -> Print) to a local printer
attached to the PC running scribus and get a washed out printout.
I am beginning to think it is not possible with CMYK PostScript
printers.

I had previously tried exporting to a PDF with Output Intended for:
set to Screen/Web and the resultant PDF looks and prints fine.
However this is not printing directly from scribus.  This is
exporting to a PDF file and printing it as another step.  Setting
Output Intended for: printer is for sending the PDF to a commercial
printer I am told and doesn't apply to a local printer attached to
the PC that is running scribus.

Terry Todd