[scribus] Story Editor, Styles, & single words

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun May 18 11:45:17 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
>> On Friday 16 May 2008 12:59:53 pm Tom O'Sullivan wrote:

>>> First I should say I'm not only new to Scribus, but new to layout &
>>> dont even have much experience with word processors - my excuse for
>>> any dumb questions!  :)
>>>
>>> Anyways, re the Story Editor and Text Styles:-
>>>
>>> It looks like styles can only be applied to full lines in the Stroy
>>> Editor - is that correct?
>>> When you have to make text, say, bold or italic within a sentence
>>> is that done simply using the toolbar on top?
>>>
>>> I'm doing layout of a chapter of a book ("mock-up"/draft) that I'm
>>> doing (semi-technical) illustrations for.
>>> I'm wondering:- if they decide they want to change the font will I
>>> have to go through the text and manually select & change font of
>>> all the bold/italic words.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help!
>>> Tom
>>>

>> Highlight the word in hte story editor and then change the values up
>> top. Clumsy, but that's how I do it.
>>

> Just to be a little more clear, Styles are for paragraphs - if you apply
> a Paragraph Style to a line, the entire line is affected. This does not
> prevent you from changing a few words independently. This is the way
> openoffice.org uses styles as well.

Yes, but I wonder if there is mileage in being able to apply a style to
a word or group of words as well ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor