[scribus] re washed out printout

Terry Todd tlt at badger.tltodd.com
Thu May 15 05:00:43 CEST 2008

Greg,

See my original post in this thread.  Printers in this thread means
I tried a Xerox Phaser 8560 and an HP 9850 with the same results
as exporting to a PDF with Output Intended for: set to Printer,
ie. washed out.  If the local printers are dependant on their own
settings it appears odd that they all work with other programs but
not scribus.  Yes, I have tried various color management settings
to no avail.

>From what I am gathering here is that scribus does not work printing
directly to a printer.  Exporting to a PDF and then printing is
what most people that use scribus do to work around this "feature".
Is this correct?

Thanks,
Terry Todd