[scribus] Getting rid of extraneous font

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Wed May 7 05:14:29 CEST 2008

Hi Greg,

Thank you for replying.

On 5/7/08, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> Asif Lodhi wrote:
> > I composed a document but somehow when I export to PDF the PDF-Export
> > dialog's Fonts tab lists an extraneous font that I NEVER included used
> > in the story editor but it somehow got included.
> >
> You can click on the font in the 'Fonts to embed' box, then click the
> double arrows to remove it so it won't be embedded in the PDF,

No. Basically, I haven't used "Times" _anywhere_ in my document and it
is showing up in the Available Fonts list. After reading your hint, I
guess that if I remove the front from "Fonts to embed" listbox then it
will not get embedded but the adobe reader will search for the font on
the local hard disk and substitute another similar font for the
"Times" nonetheless - even though it wouldn't be embedded in the
document.

I just do not want "Times" in the list of available fonts in the first
place. I don't know where it's coming from but somehow it has gotten
into the "Available fonts list". So I don't want the font in the list
at all.

--
TIA,

Asif