[scribus] Editing in a Text box

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Tue May 6 01:21:47 CEST 2008

> > I had no problem
> > editing text within the multiple text boxes I used on my
> > Newspaper/Newsletter Template. Is there some other 'text box' that I should
> > be aware of before I continue development additional pages to my project?

Probably not.  I just find the ergonomics a bit clunky because response
isn't rapid, and mouse click events in particular sometimes seem to be
missed.
----------=============------------
The only way I could get text box editing to work -sort-of-ok is to zoom in on
the text to about 150% or more, even 250% and edit the offending bit of text
then zoom out again. This tends to reduce the glunkiness.

The Story editor seems to me to be sort of like Gedit in Linux or NotePad in
windows but permits a few extra functions.
One anomaly between the Story Editor and the Text Box editing is that fonts,
type, size, etc don't show up in the Story Editor and changes made in the Story
editor cannot be changed in the text box Properties dialog.
Another would be to set the text font say Verdana 8 in the Story Editor but when
a small change is needed in the text box,  Properties>Text>Font displays the
default font not the story editor font. If the font is changed in the Text box,
which is difficult unless I call up the Story Editor, select the offending part
and make the changes, it is not displayed in the Story Editor.

I like the  the story editor but wish that it's attributes, text layout and the
F2 Properties>Text dialog were identical and interchangeable.
Styles in Scribus 1.3.5 doesn't work in the Story Editor - Yeah I know its
unstable but it worked in other Scribuses.
Apologies for the whinge
Roger