[scribus] Editing Text in Text Box

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon May 5 04:07:47 CEST 2008

William F. Maddock wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 01:42 +0100, John Beardmore wrote:
>> William F. Maddock wrote:

>>> You know, reading this thread, it occurs to me that I use a DTP app that
>>> is coded by one person. There are no delay problems with text
>>> entry/editing in that app—and it doesn't even have a story editor. Are
>>> the devs of scribus going to let a one-person team do better text
>>> entry/editing coding than their entire team? Surely not.
>> I suppose it depends if your other app does all the things with text
>> that Scribus does ?
>
> At least as much.

Well -  I don't know too much about how Scribus handles things, and I
don't even know what your other package is, but it would be nice to have
Scribus be more responsive.

I don't know if the underlying issue here is Qt, but if it is,
presumably it would be a huge rewrite, if not impossible to change it now ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor