[scribus] [Scribus] text with gradient

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat May 3 02:01:35 CEST 2008

Owen said the following at 05/02/2008 05:06 PM :
>> This is an old thread, and I've been trying to to exactly this (create
>> letters that have gradients):
>>

>>> 1. Convert letters to outlines
>>>
>>> 2. Item > Combine Polygons
>>>
>>> 3. Apply Gradient in the Properties Palette
>> I must be doing something wrong, because I have:
>>
>> 0. Created a text frame and inserted the letters I want.
>> 1. Converted the letters to outlines
>> 2. Hmmm.... I can't Item | Combine Polygons because that item is greyed
>> out.
>>

> After converting to outlines, did you then click on the object, iit should
> show all the polygons, then you can combine them

No, because like an idiot I was trying to do exactly what Cristoph said :-)

OK, so now I've done that. Presumably, I'm next supposed to right click and
bring up the Properties box... but I don't see anything there about
gradients :-(

Could you perhaps tell me where I'm supposed to see something about
gradients? Probably if I knew where that item was, I could figure out how
to get there and apply it; but I would swear that I've been through every
single possible box inside the "Properties" function(s) and I don't see
anything about gradients at all.

Incidentally, I don't know what you mean when you say it should "show all
the polygons"; as far as I can tell, clicking on the "convert to outlines"
menu item doesn't change anything visible.

  Doc