[Scribus] How to place text in a box

Chris Bergstresser chris
Mon Mar 24 23:34:06 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>  A script reading a text file might have some
>  possibilities. 500-1000 pages is a challenge all by itself, which
>  hopefully could be carved down to manageable chunks.

   Oh, absolutely.  I don't mean 500-1000 pages all in one document;
we'll be producing maybe 20 documents, each one 25-50 pages.  But
overall, that's the scope of the project.
   I've already got a script written to format the pages
appropriately, and I'm desperately waiting for 1.3.4 or 1.3.5, when I
can use character styles rather than hard-code the fonts I need, among
some other refinements.
   Of course, *that* all depends on the scripting support in 1.3.4 and
1.3.5, which I gather hasn't been a priority.  And I can understand
the need to cater to 90% of the market before you cater to the other
10%.  I'm just hoping when we actually need to start producing these
things Scribus will be ready, or I'm going to have to find some other
solution.

-- Chris