[Scribus] How to place text in a box

Chris Bergstresser chris
Mon Mar 24 03:28:24 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:
>  One way is to "Insert Shape" (S), and from the properties box, make the colour "None" and in "Line" set the width as required

   The problem with this--with *all* the suggestions--is that the box
is then separate from the text.  I'm not trying to place a pull quote
for an article; these boxes are directly tied to the text on either
side.
   Ideally, I'd like a paragraph style (or something similar) that
drew a box around the styled text, and allowed me to specify a title.
Maybe allowed me to set a background shade.  It needs to do something
like:

Try entering the
following code
yourself:
-- Code A ---------------
| print "Hello World" |
| goto 1                   |
Now that you've got
an infinite loop, let's
talk about CTRL-C.

   There are enough of these that manually moving all the boxes
anytime I need to change the text is impractical.  Is there any way to
do this in Scribus?  Is this kind of support planned?  It seems like a
pretty basic typesetting function.

-- Chris