[Scribus] 2 questions

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Mar 19 00:24:15 CET 2008

Roger wrote:
> I downloaded the Scribus 1.3.5 svn yesterday. Thanks.
> When I eventually compile, does this overwrite my working 1.3.4 or do I get 2
>      working versions of Scribus.

good idea with svn to install somewhere else, which is specified when
you use cmake:

|/usr/local/bin/cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/scribus135svn

if you have write permission to /opt

or if your home dir is /home/roger

||/usr/local/bin/cmake .
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/roger/scribus135svn

simply overwriting 1.3.5svn on 1.3.4 is probably a bad idea -- and if
you don't overwrite, yes you will have two working versions.

>      2. What is the differences between exporting to pdf as <Screen/Web> or to
> pdf as
>      <Printer> apart from file size.
>      By printer, does this mean Commercial print shop or local desktop printer.

Screen/Web *can* be Ok on a local printer, but I have had the colors
come out a bit garish at times, so really your invidual results should
be your answer. Depends also on other factors like what kind of paper
you're using.

Greg