[Scribus] Backward-compatibility (was: Scribus for Scientific writing)

Martin Costabel costabel
Mon Mar 10 09:12:10 CET 2008

Jim Baker wrote:
> Several weeks ago, I posted a query about getting Scribus/Aqua
> operative on my Mac Powerbook G4 (Titanium). I got an email next day
> saying this message was being evaluated or something like that for
> posting. As far as I know it never did appear. Is this a help list or
> what?

Funny, I see a message from you on the list "[Scribus] installing on Mac
OS X 10.3.9", from exactly one week ago. I that what you are referring to?

On 3/03/2008, Jim Baker wrote:
 > Scribus/Aqua installs fine and opens on my Titanium (G-4) PowerBook,
 > and I followed the directions from the website to download and place
 > Ghostscript into the Library:Frameworks folder. I tried two different
 > versions of Ghostscript, the most recent one seems to crash Scribus as
 > soon as I try to use tools.
 >
 > Scribus actually opens but text boxes don't take text (or anything),
 > though the story board does. The table tool seems to work, and some
 > others. In the story board, only a default font is activated, no styles
 > are possible, no text color, etc. In other words, text input is a font,
 > but like a simple text editor.
 >
 > Any suggestions?
 > JayBee

Since you didn't ask any question and are running a very old version of
MacOSX, it is entirely possible that nobody had any suggestions.

--
Martin