[Scribus] Backward-compatibility (was: Scribus for Scientific writing)

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Mar 10 01:07:14 CET 2008

Jim Baker wrote:
> Several weeks ago, I posted a query about getting Scribus/Aqua
> operative on my Mac Powerbook G4 (Titanium). I got an email next day
> saying this message was being evaluated or something like that for
> posting. As far as I know it never did appear. Is this a help list or
> what?

The message will have said that your mail was "awaiting moderation".
This means that for some reason the list management software held it for
human attention. Possible reasons for this include:

- You posted from an email address that is not subscribed to the list
- You attached certain kinds of files
- Your message (inc. any attachments) was larger than the size limit
- There were invalid headers in the message
- The list management software though it might be spam

The message that told you that your mail was held for moderation may
have told you why, though I'm not sure of that.

In any case, as Peter Linnell noted the list admin has been away, so
nobody's been moderating the queue. That's not ideal, but it's pretty
rare for legit messages to land up in the moderation queue.

--
Craig Ringer