[Scribus] Creating PDF forms whose data can be saved with acrobat reader

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Mar 3 00:07:44 CET 2008

Camille Moulin schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Some PDFs[1] allow to save the data you fill in within Acrobat *Reader* :
> Is it possible to generate such PDF forms with Scribus?

No, not yet.

As far as I know, you would need a proprietary  and very expensive (so
expensive that apparently only big players like e.g. the German ministry
of finance can afford it) solution from Adobe (Adobe LiveCycle Reader
Extentions) to achieve this. In short, Adobe Reader (formerly known as
Acrobat Reader) has same hidden features (saving forms with data,
signing, commenting) which can be enabled by using pdf forms
post-processed with LiveCycle Reader Extensions. See the chapter "How
Reader Extensions works" in this white paper:

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/pdfs/95009140_lc_reader_ext_wp_ue.pdf

Alternatively, use Cabaret Stage to save your PDF forms with data:

http://www.cabaret-solutions.com/en

cheers
Maciej