[Scribus] Comment about object tag names and xml file format

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Mar 2 17:18:59 CET 2008

Timo Stollenwerk wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
> I'm currently writing my diploma thesis about a print publishing
> solution with Scribus. So far I've created xsl stylesheets to create a
> Scribus document from DocBook XML and to syncronise the data between
> DocBook and Scribus (so far only in one direction). Furthermore I've
> created a XML Schema definition for the Scribus 1.3.5 file format to
> validate and test the stylesheets.
>
> Because I want to use Plone (Python based CMS), I've create a Python
> egg, that contains these stylesheets. You can download the egg in the
> python cheeseshop:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/docbook2sla/
>
> Last year I wrote a proposal for GSoC 2007 about my idea:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Draft_of_end-to-end_publishing_solution#Use_Case_.233_Publishing_Workflow_for_Magazine_Layout_.28Timo_Stollenwerk.29
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Draft_for_the_GSoC_Application_Abstract_%28Timo_Stollenwerk%29
>
> If you're interested, I can send you an expos? I wrote about my ideas.
>
> I'm going to document my efforts on this website:
>
> http://scribus.zmag.de/

timo,

We'd love to have something on our wiki (
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Main_Page ) about this if you have the
time. It would also give you greater exposure, and who knows what
further ideas it would trigger in others?

Greg