[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

Plinnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Thu Jun 26 16:05:51 CEST 2008

On Thursday 26 June 2008 14:34:05 John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 June 2008 03:25:35 am Craig Bradney wrote:

Yes, and that is why Inkscape has started to migrate to Cmake as well. :)

> Other Open Source products (e.g Gimp) compile and install nicely with
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> and have for many years.  And Scribus used to.

Hmm..

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/path/whereyouwant/scribus
make
make install

Not so complicated to me and the error messages are readable by mere humans.

> I keep multiple versions of Scribus installed by the simple expedient
> of putting the source of each version in a separate directory and
> renaming the executable of the older versions with e.g. scribus11.
> So I don't see any virtue in cmake to the end user.

For starters:
Faster
Better clearer error messages
Cross platform It works on Windows/OSX/Linux
Easier to maintain for developers, so we can spend more time coding :)
Prevents developers hair loss and temporary bouts of insanity. :)

> After running
> make -f Makefile.svn
> Scribus 1.3.3.12 compiles but can't find its plugins on execution.
> Given this degree of uncertainty I will stick with 1.3.3.11 as the
> stable version and wait for the next major version. I have wasted too
> much time on 1.3.3.12 already.  It is only a minor release.

<snipped>

Excepting this issue, there are important fixes in 1.3.3.12.

Peter