[scribus] testing Scribus Limits :-)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 26 01:23:58 CEST 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Femke Snelting wrote:

> The good news is: Scribus *just* finished producing 500 covers -- meaning
> it has run for 24 hours non-stop without complaining. The documents have
> been uploaded to the printers server now, we're keeping our fingers
> crossed the books will be delivered on time (pictures next week).

   Well, Femke, depending on the speed of your CPU, hard drive, and graphics
processor as well as the amount of RAM installed, that is not a long time to
produce 500 pages of graphics, each different. The RIPping and other
processing is quite resource intensive. That's just under 21 pages per hour,
or 2.9 pages per minute. What's the complaint?

Rich