[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jun 24 17:41:37 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008 04:14:38 am Plinnell wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2008 10:02:51 Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> > Plinnell schrieb:

> > > Which distro are you using ? There might be packages already
> > > built.
> > >
> > > Peter
> >
> > It's a Suse 10.3
> >
> > I have compiled previous versions of 1.3.3 without any problems
> > on this system.
> >
> > Is it possible that make was confused by using -j ? It was the
> > first time I used that when I compiled yesterday.
> >

> > Rolf

> Hi,
>
> This is odd. Meanwhile, here are the 10.3 rpms for Suse 10.3:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/openSUSE_10.
>3/repodata/repoview/scribus-0-1.3.3.12-15.1.html
>
> Hope that helps,
>

> Peter

I have a different, but possibly related problem. I downloaded,
compiled and installed  1.3.3.12 yesterday without incident. I used
./configure|make| make install
sequence which is simpler for me and still legal AFAIK.

Build was 12 June 2008, Build ID C-C-T-F-A with Ghostscript version
8.15.4 on Slack 12.

Using that fresh install of 1.3.3.12 I created the first part of a
one-page document with two linked text windows. I saved the document.
Then I imported a plain text file into the first text window
using "get text" option.  Scribus crashed instantly without error
message.  I tried it twice.

Then I fired up 1.3.3.11 with the saved version of the sla file.   I
used the exact same method to get the same text file. It imported
without incident.

I conclude that 1.3.3.12 referenced as above is not yet stable.  I am
reverting to 1.3.3.11 for production. If there is a fresh build of
1.3.3.12 that addresses this specific issue I will test it again.

Comments/advice are welcome as always.

--
John Culleton