[scribus] Scribus and KDE

Plinnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Tue Jun 24 12:30:52 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008 12:15:17 Martin Tlustos wrote:
> Hello,
> as far as I understand, Scribus is built with the qt-libraries statically
> linked to, right?

By default no.

> My question is, whether it would be better for someone who uses KDE to
> compile scribus with dynamic linking? Would that make Scribus run faster?
> Thanks in advance,
> Martin

You did not mention which platform or version, but generally all distro
packages on Linux are dynamically linked as far as I know. At least rpm ones
are definitely dynamically linked.

As for speed advantages, others might have a better answer, but at least on
linux, the compiler version, compiler flags  and linker have more of a part
in performance.

Peter