[scribus] No real CMYK black possible??

Jan Schrewe jschrewe at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:39:51 CEST 2008

Tino Schwarze schrieb am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2008:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 03:32:49PM -0400, Andrew A. Gill wrote:

[snip]

> The file will go to an offset print shop[1]. They demand PDF/X3 with
> ISOCoated v2 profile which is what I will provide. I fiddled around with gs
> and cinepaint to check CMYK values and it doesn't look good at all (there's
> no black any more in the files converted using tifficc in final PDF/X3
> output), but I suppose this is some other glitch, maybe in gs (8.50) or in
> cinepaint... which tool would allow me to check real CMYK values in PDF
> output?

You don't need to convert your images from RGB to CMYK before you import them
into scribus. Scribus dows take care of that.

The same goes for colors. As Andreas already said: Define a black in RGB and
let scribus take care of the conversion. You need to make sure that you use
the same input profiles for your colors and your images, though.

Hope that helps

Jan