[scribus] American typewriter font and Scribus

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Jun 17 07:06:39 CEST 2008

> So, if I embed a font in a PDF document made in Scribus, I'd
> have to check the licensing status of the font before
> sending the document to another person.

Yes.

> Is there any project to do such checking - and would such a
> mechanism be integrated in Scribus in any future ?

At least Truetype fonts can have a flag "Do not embed". I'm not sure if
Scribus honors it though. And there is software to batch-remove that flag
(the author wrote it because his own free fonts by mistake had that flag
set).

For commercial use such considerations should be made already when buying
the font.

/Peter